Free online skills course
A free Massively Open Online Course (MOOC) will be launched next February to help commencing students of all ages develop crucial academic skills like reading, writing and accessing information.
Developed by the English Language and Foundation Studies Centre at the University of Newcastle, Academic Survival Skills Online will be open for registration from January 12, 2015.
The course will begin on February 2, 2015 and run until February 22, 2015 with academics providing feedback during this time.
The course is designed to help students:
- Make sense of university texts and lectures
- Use online libraries for research
- Plan and write an academic essay
Academic Survival Skills Online has been designed for anyone starting or considering university and takes users on a journey through nine academic landscapes covering topics such as time management, exam techniques, critical thinking plus researching and writing academic assignments.
For more information visit newcastle.edu.au/academicskills
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness
- Experts challenge WHO recommendations on saturated fats