UON health and safety update
Tips to stay safe on campus
Shared bike and pedestrian path etiquette
The newly updated UON paths are shared pathways. Follow our etiquette tips so everyone can enjoy getting around our campuses:
- Pedestrians to stick to the left of the path.
- Travel at a safe speed and give way to others.
- When riding a bike, use your warning bell when overtaking pedestrians.
Reduce slips/ trips and falls
Be aware of your safety and that of others by following these simple steps:
- Slow down – ensure that you leave yourself plenty of time to complete tasks and get to meetings.
- Hold the handrail when going up and down stairs.
- Concentrate – try to eliminate the need to use your phone while walking
- Report hazards and log a Maximo request to complete repairs on hazards identified.
The Health and Safety team are here to help. If you have an questions or concerns, call x18847 or visit the website to find out more.
- New funding will see University of Newcastle students study across Indo-Pacific region
- Estimating calorie content not clear-cut for all
- Cloud Immersion Day to unlock innovative use of the technology in the higher education sector
- The principles underpinning three decades of teaching
- Renewables switch wins Clever Campus award