A message from the Vice-Chancellor
As we prepare to take an extended break over Easter to pause, rest and reflect on the incredible efforts and commitment of our staff to our students and our University, the Vice-Chancellor Professor Alex Zelinsky shares a message to staff.
I am incredibly proud to lead an institution that in the hardest of times remains true to its values. Thanks to you, our students are still getting a great educational experience and while not entirely ideal, we can sustain what we are currently doing for a while yet. I know that with your continued support, we will keep striving to be a world-leading University for our regions.
Support for our students
Yesterday we communicated to our students that the first round of support is available under the University's Hardship Fund. We are providing $100 Coles e-vouchers to eligible students to ensure their basic and immediate needs are met over the Easter period.
Our Office of Alumni and Philanthropy has launched their appeal to our wider University community. My thanks to everyone who has already committed support. More details about donating are here.
- Could housing cooperatives be an affordable solution to Australia’s growing housing crisis?
- Scientific honour for engineer transforming minerals processing
- Faculty of Science researcher appointed to NSW Coastal Council
- Newcastle researcher making a mark with a NASA satellite mission
- Mathematicians forge on despite pandemic