Indicative annual fees are based on a full year full time load (80 units). Find out more about feesAUD 40,240 (indicative annual fee, 2021)
Indicative annual fees are based on a full year full time load (80 units). Find out more about fees
Applying for Master of Business Administration / Master of Applied Finance
Before you get started
To ensure that the process goes smoothly for you, you should complete the following steps before applying:
- Review the program that you wish to apply for. Note the admission criteria, admission instructions, requirements & structure and any additional information listed.
- Review the program fees and costs.
- Check whether your postgraduate program has a Semester or a Trimester closing date. Please view the application closing date.
- If you are from a non-English-speaking background, you need to satisfy the University's English language requirements and ensure that you can provide evidence of your English proficiency if required.
You will be considered for entry based on criteria such as your undergraduate studies and/or equivalent prior learning and/or relevant work experience.
Other things to consider
Make sure you double check the special entry requirements, assumed knowledge or recommended studies for the degree:
Entry into the Master of Business Administration/Master of Applied Finance will be available for applicants who have:
- Bachelor (Honours) Degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification; or
- Bachelor Degree, or an equivalent qualification, in a related field such as accounting, business, commerce, economics, finance, human resource management, industrial relations, management, marketing; or
- Bachelor Degree, or an equivalent qualification, not in a related field and 1 year relevant organisational experience; or
- At least 7 years' relevant organisational experience, including 2 years in a management position; or
- Successful completion of 75% (30 units) of one of the following UoN programs:
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting
Students seeking Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) must apply to the Program Convenor. RPL applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
You can look at Uni prep for options to brush up on knowledge before you start.
Ok, great, let's go!
Apply to study in Australia
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.