2018 tuition fees
The cost of tuition will be different for each student. It is calculated from the courses you choose to take to complete your program of study. The documents below provide the average cost for each level and program of study, to give you an estimate of what you will pay for tuition.
Estimate Your Tuition
If you are already enrolled, you can estimate your tuition fee based on the courses (subjects) you are enrolled in. This fee estimate table (PDF, 16KB) may help you add up your individual course fees.
- Locate the course codes for the courses you are enrolled in. You can find your enrolment details by logging into myHub through myUoN, or check the requirements of your program in the degree finder under the handbook tab.
- The four letter abbreviation at the beginning of the course code shows the subject area of that course, for example, HIST for history. Every course within a subject area has the same fee.
- Look up the fee for each course code using the fee schedule for your level of study:
- Most courses have 10 units of academic credit. A full-time student usually takes 8 courses (80 units) per year or 4 courses (40 units) per semester/trimester.
- Add the fees for each course to get an estimate of your tuition fee.
If an international postgraduate student in 2018 were to take 3 courses in Mathematics (MATH), 2 courses in Philosophy (PHIL), 2 courses in History (HIST) and 1 course in Chemistry (CHEM) then he would calculate his fees as follows:
Fee per course
Number of courses
with the same code
B x C
In this example, all courses have a 10 unit value. If a course has a value other than 10, then the course fee would change in proportion to the unit value.
International student course fees are adjusted regularly and are subject to change in future years.
Billing and Payment
You will receive two bills - one for your tuition fee and one for your Student Services and Amenities Fee. International tuition fee bills are delivered in the week before each semester/trimester. If you enrol after this time, you will receive your bill in the week after your enrolment. We will send an email to your student account each time a bill is ready. Bills can be viewed and paid by logging into myHub through myUON.
If you can't pay your tuition fees by the due date, you may be eligible to apply for a payment plan. Payment plans are only available if you are on a student visa and experiencing genuine and unexpected financial hardship. You will be required to pay half of your tuition fees before submitting a payment plan application. When you apply, you will also be asked to provide evidence of your financial hardship such as bank account statements or medical invoices and certificates. If your application is approved, your remaining balance will be divided into a maximum of three monthly payments (depending on when you apply). All payment plan applications must be submitted before Census Date of the term in which the fees are due. Click the link to apply for a Payment Plan.
If you accepted your offer but no longer plan to attend UON, find out about refunds of the international deposit fee.