Fee dates

All fees have specific dates by which they need to be paid to ensure your enrolment status at the University remains valid.

These dates may vary depending on when and where you are studying, so make sure you have double-checked all your fee dates.

Census dates

These are the dates by which you must:

  • log in to myHub through myUON to check you are enrolled in the correct courses.
  • finalise your arrangements for payment of your student contribution or tuition fee charge and the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF).

Important: If you don't make these arrangements by the census date, you risk having your enrolment cancelled.

2022 Semester Census Dates

Semester 118 March 2022
Semester 212 August 2022

2022 Trimester Census Dates

Trimester 118 February 2022
Trimester 23 June 2022
Trimester 316 September 2022

2022 Singapore Trimester Census Dates

Trimester 111 February 2022
Trimester 23 June 2022
Trimester 330 September 2022

2022 Summer/Winter Census Dates

Summer 1, 2022 (Compressed Summer term)10 January 2022
Summer 2, 2022 (Late Summer term)21 January 2022
Winter Term 202224 June 2022
Enabling Summer Term 202131 December 2021

Date to provide TFN

Repayments of a Higher Education Loan Program (HELP Loan) are made through the tax system.

As a result, if eligible you need to provide your Tax File Number (TFN) to the University by census date of your first term, or you will be required to pay your HECS contributions in full.

You can submit your TFN via myHub through myUON. Since your TFN is yours for life, you should only need to supply it to the University once during your time here.

If you don’t have a TFN, you can apply for one for free via the Australian Government website. If you have not received your TFN by the census date, you can apply for provisional access to a loan by providing the University with a Certificate of Application for a TFN.

Apply for a TFN

Date to do your eCAF

If you are enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place, or are eligible to obtain Commonwealth Assistance, you need to submit an Electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF) by the census date.

Your eCAF is normally completed as part of the enrolment process.

If you have not completed your eCAF by census date:

  • Commonwealth Supported Students will have your enrolment for the semester cancelled.
  • Students using a FEE-HELP or SA-HELP loan will have to pay your fees to the University directly.

You can find your eCAF by logging into myHub through myUON, under the My Finances tab.

The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.