Shape a healthier future for the community.
Demand for UON nutrition and dietetics graduates is growing as diet and nutrition-related diseases - such as heart disease, diabetes and obesity - become increasingly common worldwide. As a UON nutrition and dietetics student, you will have access to world-class researchers and educators, putting you on the cusp of new nutrition and diet discoveries. Learn how to use the latest evidence to manage patient health and discover the powerful science of human nutrition.
A career in nutrition and dietetics is immensely rewarding, as you help people understand how nutrition and health are intertwined. You will play a key role in preventing and combating disease, improving overall health in your community around the world.
Why study with us?
- Our graduates get jobs: 87% of our nutrition and dietetics graduates from 2016 secured employment within four months of graduating.
- Learn from research leaders: UON is a global leader in medical and health science research, keeping you on the forefront of breaking research discoveries.
- Hands-on training in our purpose-built food science laboratory, plus 800+ hours of practical experience at health centres in Newcastle, the New England area or Gosford. You may also have the opportunity to travel overseas for an international placement.
- Flexible study options: You can choose to complete your final year of nutrition and dietetics through the Rural Immersion Program, run at the contemporary $19.4 million Tamworth Education Centre.
- Our program is accredited by the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA). Apply for Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) status as well as full membership to the DAA. Your accreditation allows you to work in Australia and abroad.
within four months of graduating
well above world standard for nutrition and dietetics research