Undergraduate Commonwealth supported students
What you pay
You also need to plan for other costs such as textbooks and course materials.
Students with a Commonwealth-supported place (CSP) pay a student contribution towards the cost of their education. The Australian Government pays the remainder of the tuition costs.
Your student contribution amount is based on what you study.
This table shows the 2019 student contribution tuition fee (PDF 54.3KB) for one year of full-time study by study area.
There may be exceptions to student contribution amounts for some specific courses listed in the tables above. This occurs as some courses may fall into different Bands and are charged accordingly.
Each course has a unit value and this is ten (10) for most courses at the University of Newcastle. A normal full-time study load is 80 units in any year or 40 units per semester/trimester. If you study part-time, your student contribution will be adjusted based on your study load.
Read more information for students who commenced education and nursing subjects before 1 January 2010.
Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF)
- full-time students on campus - $303 per year
- part-time students on campus - $227 per year
- full-time and part-time students at Port Macquarie campus - $227 per year
- full-time and part-time students studying off campus / Online/ Distance - $91 - $227 per year
- students enrolled in enabling programs (eg Newstep, Open Foundation and Yapug) are exempt from this fee
are issued at the beginning of each semester/trimester. We will send an email to your student account each time a bill is generated. You will receive two bills - one for your student contribution and one for your SSAF. Bills can be viewed and paid by logging into myHub through myUoN.