Getting to Newcastle City campus
1. Active travel. Ride, walk, skate scooter - NeW Space has showers, lockers and secure bike storage for over 215 bikes. Active Travel guides for a number of the safest key routes to and from the city have been prepared. These guides cover both cycle ways, walking paths and public bus routes. Additionally the Newcastle cycle ways web site provides maps for on and off road cycling routes to the city.
2. Public transport. There are good public transport links to the CBD from most suburbs. Use the Transport NSW website to plan your trip to the city. In January 2018 a new bus and ferry timetable will be released by Newcastle Transport.
3. Park and Ride. You can park your car at Callaghan and catch the free UON shuttle bus to the city campus. In peak times the shuttle will run at 30-minute intervals. There will be two pick up points at Callaghan, one at the Design bus stop and one near car park 14. Click here for more information on Park and Ride. Please note that the shuttle bus is wheelchair accessible and is designed to meet the accessibility needs of students and staff.
4. Ride Share. Download the Liftango app from the App Store or Google Play and see who else needs a lift. Liftango will match riders with drivers to make ride sharing easy. The app is free and exclusive to UON students and staff to use. There is a number of dedicated RideSharing car park bays close to the campus. If you ride share remember you still need to display your valid permit or purchase a daily ticket. For more information on Liftango visit RideSharing.
5. Drive and park. Some people will need to drive to the city and there are a number of parking options available. If you do drive and park in the city, remember to allow sufficient time to find a park before your class commences.Your UON parking permit is not valid when parking in the city. There have also been changes to the UON operated Gibson Street and Laman Streets parking areas. Please obey the signs to avoid an infringement.