Help on campus
Security and emergencies
The University provides trained security officers to help ensure you and your property are safe on campus.
If you feel threatened, are concerned by something you have seen or experienced, or something just does not feel right, our Safety and Security Services team are here to help.
- Callaghan Campus: (02) 4921 5888
- Newcastle City Campus: (02) 4921 5888
- Ourimbah Campus (Central Coast): (02) 4921 5888
- Port Macquarie Campus: 0412 595 054
- Sydney Campus: (02) 4921 5888
If your situation is life-threatening, always call emergency services (Police, Fire, Ambulance) on 000 first, then contact security.
Other help options
Many issues you may need help with are addressed at ASKUON.
If you are feeling stressed or anxious, you can access free, confidential counselling and support services.
We have over 100 qualified first aid officers across Newcastle, City precinct, Central Coast and Sydney locations, as well as at other University staffed sites.
First aid officers:
- provide first aid assistance to staff, students and visitors
- ensure First Aid Kits are stocked
- report incidents and list first aid provided through the Online Incident Report Form
- provide assistance in the event of an evacuation.
Security Services manage lost property. If you are looking for a lost item, please email Security Services with the following information:
- the date and location the item was lost (if known)
- a detailed description of the item (colour, brand, distinctive markings etc)
- your contact details
Please also contact Security Services if you have found lost property. Please bring items to Security Services in the Services Building at Newcastle campus (Callaghan) or Facilities Management Building at Central Coast campus (Ourimbah) as soon as possible.
All lost property is kept for one month. After that time, if the owner cannot be identified we will dispose of the item appropriately.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.