A password is a secret word or string of characters that is used for authentication, to prove your identity or get access to a resource.
You can access most online facilities and resources using your current student ID and the password you created.
- not contain your student number, or any part of your name
- be between eight and 16 characters long
- include at least one letter, one uppercase character, one number and one special character (ie %, ! * or similar).
Do not share your password with anyone. You may be held responsible for any actions that arise from the misuse of your account.
If you know your password, and want to change it to something else, you can do so anytime, anywhere by using the NUaccess Change Known Password utility for Students.
If you can't remember your password, and want to reset it, you can do so anytime, anywhere by using the NUaccess Reset Forgotten Password utility for Students.
- Open the NUaccess Reset Forgotten Password utility for Students
- Enter your Username and click Next.
- Enter the security code which was sent to your Home Email address and click Next.
- Enter a new password, re-enter your new password to confirm and click Next
If you have forgotten your password, but haven't previously registered your Home Email Address in myHub, you will need to contact the 17triplezero IT Service Desk to arrange a password reset.
If you enter an incorrect password three times in a row, your account will be locked for five minutes. Remember your password is case sensitive, so check that CAPS lock is off.
After ten minutes you can try to login again, or contact the 17triplezero IT Service Desk to arrange a password reset.