Our Program management procedure manual (coursework) provides detailed information on the processes program convenors follow. For similar information on research programs refer to the Rules governing Research Higher Degrees and its associated schedules: Masters Degree (Research) Awards and Programs Schedule; and Doctoral Degree (Research) Award and Program Schedule.
The Program Convenor Handbook (PDF 492KB) provides, in one single document, information on all the support services available to students as well as policies and procedures, quality assurance and program performance data.
Here you will find additional resources to help you as a program convenor:
- Business plans for new or significantly revised programs - principles (PDF, 300KB)
- Abbreviated business plan template (DOC, 110KB)
Graduate learning outcome mapping templates are available in the AQF toolkit.
Annual program reports
Annual program reports highlight program successes and identify areas for improvement. They are prepared at the conclusion of the academic year and are submitted to the first faculty board meeting of the following year.
- Annual program report template (DOC, 45KB)
- Annual course alignment report template (DOC,30KB)
- Guide to writing annual program reports (PDF, 73KB)
- Program self review template (DOC, 221KB)
- External program review generic terms of reference guidelines (DOC, 151KB)
- Faculty response and action plan template (PDF, 40KB)
- Annual staffing profile report template (DOC,34KB)
Program convenors often assist students to access support to reach their academic potential and to tackle life's challenges.
Key policies for program convenors
Refer to our policy library for policies related to program management and admission.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.