Australian Qualifications Framework toolkit
A focus on ensuring excellent learning outcomes for students drives our rigorous quality management approach to developing and reviewing courses and programs. We follow the standards outlined in the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). The AQF is the national policy for regulated qualifications in Australian education and training.
Here you will find resources to assist you to ensure courses and programs are compliant with the AQF.
The Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) regulates and assures the quality of our sector. They have information about:
- gaining accreditation for courses
- resources to assist with meeting quality standards
- examples of best practice.
Guidelines for faculties
Graduate learning outcome mapping templates:
- AQF Level 5 template (DOC, 75KB)
- AQF Level 6 template (DOC, 75KB)
- AQF Level 7 template (DOC, 76KB)
- AQF Level 8 GCert template (DOC, 74KB)
- AQF Level 8 GDip template (DOC, 75KB)
- AQF Level 8 Hons template (DOC, 75KB)
- AQF Level 9 Masters Coursework template (DOC, 79KB)
- AQF Level 9 Masters Extended template (DOC, 75KB)
- AQF Level 9 Masters Research template (DOC,74KB)
- AQF Level 10 Doctoral Degree Research template (DOC, 76KB)
- AQF Level 10 Doctoral Degree Professional template (DOC, 78KB)
Recognition of prior learning
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) notes (includes AQF Level 9 Masters - points to note) (DOC, 129KB)
- Business plans for new or significantly revised programs - principles(PDF, 300KB)
- Abbreviated business plan template (DOC, 110KB)
Key policies related to AQF
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.