Student Career Support
Providing our students with an understanding of their career options can help shape their time at university. Equipping them with the right information can ensure they make the best enrolment and work experience choices before they graduate.
The Careers Service can help you provide equitable and effective support to our students and graduates in the following ways:
- Collaborative work within academic programs
- Delivery of general and discipline based careers events
- Online information and service delivery.
Whether you offer career advice at a faculty, school or individual level the Careers Service can assist with the development of tailored workshops, lectures or tutorials that provide information on:
- career planning or career portfolio development
- job search strategies
- current recruitment practices - job applications and interviews
- insights from industry guest speakers.
One of the most powerful ways for students to connect their studies to the world of work is through direct contact with practicing professionals and graduate employers. Annual expos and information evenings run by the Careers Service include:
- Accounting and Finance Evening
- Education Expo
- Environmental Careers Evening
- Graduate Careers Expo
- Nursing and Allied Health Expo
- Vacation and Work Experience Expo.
The Careers Service is also able to assist you with smaller discipline based events. Past initiatives have included the Biomedical Careers Information Session and Careers in Biology Night.
Important annual recruitment times
|Graduate Positions Open||January|
|Graduate Positions Close||February-April|
|Vacation Experience Open||May|
|Vacation Experience Close||June-August|
|Department of Education and Communities (DEC) Interviews||All year|
|Professional Development Year (PDY) and Health Positions Open||From June|
CareerHub can be used to:
- create student e-portfolios
- manage placements or WIL activities
- manage mentoring programs
- support discrete groups or activities outside the Careers Service.
CareerHub demonstrations can be arranged with the Careers Service on request.