Our research facilities strongly support the University's pursuit of excellence in research, and are reflective of the broad range of research conducted at our institution. UoN researchers benefit from the world-class infrastructure of the Newcastle Institute for Energy and Resources (NIER), the Hunter Medical Research Institute (HMRI) and a network of central scientific support services.
- The Analytical and Biomolecular Research Facility (ABRF) provides technical expertise and instrument support for analytical and biological mass spectrometry, cell sorting and flow cytometry.
- The Electron Microscopy and X-Ray (EMX) unit offers interdisciplinary services in transmission electron microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction and X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy.
- Academic Research Computing Services (ARCS) support the sophisticated computing needs of UoN researchers, academic staff and research higher degree students.
- UoN Researchers have access to specialised IT tools, such as clinical trials software, data storage and file sharing systems, high performance computing grids and video conferencing through our Research Technology Catalogue.
- Our animal research facilities operate in strict adherence to the requirements of legislation and in accordance with international best practice standards for animal health and welfare.
Find out more about how we support our researchers.