For Funding Commencing in 2022
Research Office contact:
This scheme is CLOSED
Discovery Projects for funding commencing in 2023 is expected to open Wednesday 10 November 2021 and close Wednesday 23 February 2022. An indicative timeline for the round is below.
The Discovery Projects scheme provides funding for research projects that can be undertaken by individual researchers or research teams.
The objectives of the Discovery Projects scheme are to:
- support excellent basic and applied research by individuals and teams
- encourage high-quality research and research training
- enhance international collaboration in research
- expand Australia’s knowledge base and research capability
- enhance the scale and focus of research in the Science and Research Priorities.
The Discovery Projects scheme provides project funding of between $30,000 and $500,000 per year for up to five consecutive years. This may include a Discovery International Award to support Australian-based researchers working overseas or overseas researchers working in Australia on a project.
For more information, please visit the Discovery Projects page on the ARC website.
Please note: It is strongly recommended all applicants subscribe to the Research Office ARC mailing list for up to date information on this scheme.
Please subscribe to the Research Office ARC mailing list to receive up to date information on ARC funding opportunities.
For funding commencing in 2023
Please note, these dates are indicative only and may be subject to change
|ARC opens||Wednesday 10 November 2021|
|University Online Booking System Opens||Thursday 11 November 2021|
|University Eligibility and Compliance Check Period*||Thursday 20 January to Wednesday 9 February 2022|
|Request Not to Assess due to Research Office||9:00am Wednesday 2 February 2022|
|Request Not to Assess due at ARC||Wednesday 9 February 2022|
|Application Cover Sheet/Certifications (Written Evidence)||9:00am Wednesday 16 February 2022|
|University Deadline for Final Application||9:00am Wednesday 16 February 2022|
|ARC submission deadline||5:00pm Wednesday 23 February 2022|
|Rejoinders||Tuesday 14 to Monday 27 June 2022|
* Applicants are strongly encouraged to commence their application ASAP after the scheme opens in RMS so that they can book their preferred day for application review. To enable the allocation of appropriate resourcing, bookings must be made prior to the defined scheme Eligibility and Compliance Check period. Access to book an Eligibility and Compliance Check will no longer be available once the Eligibility and Compliance Check period has commenced. This does not apply for schemes with continuous rounds (i.e. ARC Linkage Projects and NHMRC Partnership Projects).
Please note: A Final Application comprises of a final submission-ready application submitted to the Research Office in RMS 2.0, a complete and fully signed External Application Cover Sheet and all CI/PI and Partner Organisation Certifications (Written Evidence) emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our ARC/NHMRC Grant Rounds Submission Procedures (PDF) for essential information regarding application submission under this scheme.
ARC Supporting Documents
The ARC is now required to publish Grant Guidelines and associated documents on GrantConnect, the Australian Government whole-of-government, centralised, web-based, grant information system. You will need to sign in or create a User Registration account in GrantConnect to access all relevant documentation for ARC Discovery Projects including the Discovery Program Grant Guidelines, Instructions to Applicants and Sample Application Form.
If you encounter any problems using Grant Connect or accessing any of the relevant documentation, please contact email@example.com or phone on (02) 492 17733.
The University of Newcastle
- ARC/NHMRC Grant Rounds Submission Procedures (PDF)
- External Application Coversheet (includes ARC/NHMRC) (DOC)
- Certification Proforma (PDF)
- Rejoinder Guide and Tips (PDF)
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.