Research Professional provides an extensive database of funding opportunities that Australian researchers are eligible to apply for.
All University staff are able to search for grants, awards, fellowships, and other opportunities, as well as setup personalised searches and alerts to stay informed of new opportunities as they arise.
All users are automatically assigned to their faculty group, where they can share funding searches specific to their field.
- Log in under the "With Your University Account" option
- In the drop down begin typing "newcastle" and "The University of Newcastle" will display as an option.
- Select "The University of Newcastle"
- Click the "Log in" button under the drop down menu - this will take you to a UON secure login
- Use your staff number plate and password to log on
RhD Student accounts
Research Students who do not have staff credentials may not automatically have a Research Professional account. Please contact email@example.com to have an account set up for you.
Support for Users
Research Professional also offers a variety of training and support resources.
- Research Professional has a Knowledge Centre for users.
- Users can also access a number of Help Topics (login to Research Professional required).
Research Professional has a You Tube Page with End Users instructional Videos.
Online Training Sessions
Research Professional broadcast a number of training sessions throughout the year. Registration is via the Research Professional Knowledge Centre.
- Friday 29th May 2020 | 10:00 - 11:00 AEDT
- Friday 24th July 2020 | 10:00 - 11:00 AEDT
- Friday 25th September 2020 | 10:00 - 11:00 AEDT
- Friday 27th November 2020 | 10:00 - 11:00 AEDT
Access to Research Professional is managed by UON Research Services. If you require access to Research Professional, need assistance, or would like to book a group training session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 2 4921 7733.
Below is a list of UON specific user guides for various functions within the database.
UON Information Sessions
Research Services periodically holds information sessions that run through the key features of the database, and answer any questions you have regarding the system.
There are currently no information sessions scheduled. However, if you are part of a research group, centre or PRC or would like to have a small group session with some colleagues, please contact us and we'll be happy to accommodate. Alternatively, we can arrange a Zoom meeting with individuals to run you through the system.
If you have any questions regarding Research Professional, please contact Research Services on +61 2 4921 7733 or email@example.com.