Research Professional provides an extensive database of funding opportunities that Australian researchers are eligible to apply for.
All University staff are able to search for grants, awards, fellowships, and other opportunities, as well as setup personalised searches and alerts to stay informed of new opportunities as they arise.
All users are automatically assigned to their faculty group, where they can share funding searches specific to their field.
- Log in under the "With Your University Account" option
- In the drop down begin typing "newcastle" and "The University of Newcastle" will display as an option.
- Select "The University of Newcastle"
- Click the "Log in" button under the drop down menu - this will take you to a UON secure login
- Use your staff number plate and password to log on
RhD Student accounts
Research Students who do not have staff credentials may not automatically have a Research Professional account. Please contact email@example.com to have an account set up for you.
Training and Resources
Below is a list of UON specific user guides for various functions within the database.
Research Professional also offers a variety of training and support resources, which can be accessed here (login required). These include:
- User guides
- Articles on various help topics
- A comprehensive FAQs page
- Access to regular webinars and online demonstrations
You can also visit the Research Professional YouTube channel for a playlist of help videos.
UON Information Sessions
Research Services periodically holds information sessions that run through the key features of the database, and answer any questions you have regarding the system.
There are currently no information sessions scheduled. However, if you are part of a research group, centre or PRC or would like to have a small group session with some colleagues, please contact us and we'll be happy to accommodate. Alternatively, we can arrange a Zoom meeting with individuals to run you through the system.
If you have any questions regarding Research Professional, please contact Research Services on +61 2 4921 7733 or firstname.lastname@example.org.