UON awarded at ATEM
UON excellence has been recognised at the recent ATEM (Association for Tertiary Education Management) awards.
The pre-award Research Grants team in Research Services in the Research and Innovation Division, has received an ATEM award for best practice.
In 2016 the pre-award team, Ms Judy Alexander, Ms Kylie Hugo, Dr Adam Koppers and Dr Angela McPherson, introduced an innovative online booking system for the review of research grant applications which enabled assessments to be undertaken on a rolling basis over a defined period to deliver increased quality services for UON researchers.
This new process led to a significantly reduced turnaround time in national grants peak period: from over three days in 2015, to under a day in the same period in 2016.
The new streamlined system also allowed researchers more time to work on their applications and delivered excellent outcomes.
Positive outcomes included greater client satisfaction, lower staff workloads and increased efficiency.
This adds another accolade to the team for this project, as they were awarded a UON Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in 2016.
Elaine Abery, Senior Policy Officer, has received the prestigious Universities Australia Award for Outstanding Achiever 2017.
The award recognises Elaine as a professional staff member whose actions and achievements go beyond normal work responsibilities and have provided outstanding service to her field, institution and/or community as a whole.
Elaine joined UON last September to run the Policy Revision Project.
During that time, with the support of Alice Jackson, Policy Officer, the team has implemented a new approach to the development of policy documents based on:
- Support for staff through: support policy writers and approvers, purpose-built training and user-friendly policies
- Strategic Alignment through: executive sponsorship and annual submission of priority policy issues.
- Fit-for-Purpose Policy with policy projects grouped by purpose, increased transparency and a clear link to compliance and regulatory obligations.
The awards were presented at the Awards Night, on Monday 18 September, 2017.
- Healthy eating options on the table for young Australians
- A message for our University community
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- Call for papers: digital research across the humanities