Improving safety in mining environments
Led by Dr Anna Giacomini and in partnership with the Australian Coal Association Research Program and industry practitioners from the civil and the mining sector, researchers have developed cutting edge technologies that help ensure a safer mining environment
Through innovative full scale experimental testing, novel laboratory testing techniques and advanced 3D numerical modelling, the research provides a rigorous and comprehensive assessment of all the major components of rock fall hazards at a given mine site.
Developed in an Australian context, the research is largely applicable to most mining situations worldwide and will provide greater confidence in locating personnel, machinery and structures over working areas, improving safety, as well as reducing the risk of interruptions in production.
Find out more
- Dr Anna Giacomini's researcher profile
- Priority Research Centre for Geotechnical and Materials Modelling
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Geotechnical Science and Engineering
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness
- Experts challenge WHO recommendations on saturated fats
- Graduates mark 30 years of excellence on the coast