Penny Jane Burke full-time Director
Professor Penny Jane Burke will be taking on a full-time Directorship role with the Centre of Excellence for Equity in Higher Education in 2016.
Professor Burke commenced full time at the University of Newcastle from early February.
Professor Geoff Whitty will continue to provide his expertise and leadership throughout the year as Co-Director and will return to Newcastle in June.
Both maintain their positions as Global Innovation Chairs for Equity.
Already in 2016, eight HEPP NPP grants have been awarded to UON and two staff have each secured prestigious Equity Fellowships from the National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education.
“I am incredibly excited about the potential of CEEHE. We have a unique opportunity to create transformative work that influences policy makers and contributes to new practices and methodologies. I look forward to being here full time to build on the broad and rich body of work we established last year and focussing on cementing the relationship between equity research and practice,” said Professor Burke.
In 2015 under the Co-Directorship of Professor Burke and Professor Whitty, CEEHE helped secure funding for 11 projects worth over $1.6 million combined and also provided seed funding for 10 projects.
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers