Penny Jane Burke full-time Director
Professor Penny Jane Burke will be taking on a full-time Directorship role with the Centre of Excellence for Equity in Higher Education in 2016.
Professor Burke commenced full time at the University of Newcastle from early February.
Professor Geoff Whitty will continue to provide his expertise and leadership throughout the year as Co-Director and will return to Newcastle in June.
Both maintain their positions as Global Innovation Chairs for Equity.
Already in 2016, eight HEPP NPP grants have been awarded to UON and two staff have each secured prestigious Equity Fellowships from the National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education.
“I am incredibly excited about the potential of CEEHE. We have a unique opportunity to create transformative work that influences policy makers and contributes to new practices and methodologies. I look forward to being here full time to build on the broad and rich body of work we established last year and focussing on cementing the relationship between equity research and practice,” said Professor Burke.
In 2015 under the Co-Directorship of Professor Burke and Professor Whitty, CEEHE helped secure funding for 11 projects worth over $1.6 million combined and also provided seed funding for 10 projects.
- Home grown Historical Encounters journal achieves Q1 ranking
- Major Grant Success and Inter-Faculty and Disciplinary Collaboration
- Major research grant supports new open scholarship initiative
- Solving social work student placement challenges during COVID-19
- Study links teacher development program to increase in student achievement