Equity Ambassadors Announced
Four Equity Ambassadors have been appointed to each of the Themes of Research within the Centre of Excellence for Equity in Higher Education.
The Centre of Excellence for Equity in Higher Education (CEEHE) at the University of Newcastle (UON) provides a unique opportunity to undertake interdisciplinary, international, collaborative research designed to create the highest standards in equity practice locally, nationally and globally.
CEEHE will combine UON's extensive experience of equity initiatives locally with the widely acknowledged research expertise of its staff in this field to offer global leadership.
Under the leadership of CEEHE's co-Directors, Professor Penny Jane Burke and Professor Geoff Whitty, four Equity Ambassadors have been appointed to provide leadership in one of CEEHE's four research themes:
Culture and Agency
Associate Professor Maree Gruppetta
Access and Student Experience
Dr Erica Southgate
Dr Tamara Blakemore
Governance and Policy Practice
Dr Sara Motta
A Community of Practice (CoP) will be formed under each of these research themes, constituted of members engaged in equity work from across UON.
CEEHE will be hosting the Community of Practice Launch from 12:30pm – 2pm on Thursday 21 May 2015 in the Purdue Room, Callaghan Campus. This event is open to all UON staff and is an opportunity to meet the Equity Ambassadors and to learn about the work of CEEHE and each COP. To register your interest, please email email@example.com by Tuesday 19th May.
The four CoPs will form a University of Newcastle Equity Network (UONEN). The Equity Ambassadors, in collaboration with the CoPs and UONEN, will:
- Organize a CEEHE Public Seminar Series, disseminating cutting edge research in the international field of equity;
- Sustain spaces of dialogue and collaboration to support and inspire innovative and critical equity research and practice that contributes to the field at multiple levels, through regular informal research seminars;
- Engage students from across different educational stages in the equity agenda, to create a University of Newcastle Student Equity Network (UoNSEN).
The CEEHE Equity Ambassadors will work closely with CEEHE's Co-Directors and Associate Director to further refine the vision, aims and milestones for the Centre of Excellence for Equity in Higher Education and for the University of Newcastle's equity agenda.
They will also provide mentorship and support by assisting with drafting grant applications and providing peer review in this process.
For further information on the Community of Practice or the work of the Centre of Excellence for Equity in Higher Education and how you can be involved please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Centre of Excellence for Equity in Higher Education
- Phone: 49216817
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers