Hunter defence task force launched
In December 2018, Hunter Defence launched the Hunter Defence Task Force to promote the Hunter's defence industry capability and represent existing and potential participants in the defence industry.
The task force has successfully linked Defence, industry and academia within the Hunter, promoting the Hunter's capabilities nationally.
The University of Newcastle is excited to be one of the key stakeholders in the collaboration. Other key stakeholders include RDA Hunter, HunterNet, Hunter Business Chamber, Ai Group, TAFE NSW, AIDN, ICN NSW, Hunter Defence Support Network, Advanced Manufacting Growth Centre,T.W Woods Construction and NSW Government.
NI's Business Development Manager Paul Scobie recently attended the two-day Hunter Defence Conference, which included keynote addresses from the former Minister for Defence Hon. Christopher Pyne and the University of Newcastle’s Vice-Chancellor Professor Alex Zelinski AO, who spoke about the future direction of the University with further increase on industry engagement.
On 21 October The University of Newcastle will host the first of eleven Hunter Defence Seminars covering a range of topics from Defence specific quality standards to procurement and tendering process. Further details on the seminar will be cirulated soon.
- Coronavirus: it’s tempting to drink your worries away but there are healthier ways to manage stress and keep your drinking in check
- High levels of iron in the lung linked to increased asthma severity
- OPINION: The human cost - psychological impact of the bushfires
- You ripper!… how you open your packets is generating tiny microplastics
- Massacre Map Presentations to Canberra Audiences