Faculty roundtable discussion to focus on industry engagament
In support of the University's ongoing focus on industry engagement, Research Advantage has added to the Innovation with Industry initiative by organising Faculty specific roundtable discussions.
This fresh approach has seen Individually tailored workshops, created in conjunction with Assistant Deans of Research from individual faculties along with the Wollotuka Institute.
The roundtable format has allowed for a more hands-on approach and interactive opportunity, giving Early-Mid Career Researchers (EMCRs) the ability to develop industry engagement skills, whilst discussing their specific field and potential partnerships. This Research Advantage initiative has been actively supported by NI's Business Development Managers, Jane Graham Industry Programs Coordinator (Research and Innovation Services) along with presentations from leading industry researchers.
The program commenced with the first round table at Wollotuka in April and recently completed workshops at the Ourimbah and Callaghan campuses for the Faculty of Science. Other workshops at Callaghan have included Faculty of Health and Medicine, Faculty of Education and Arts and at NewSpace for the Faculty of Business and Law.
NI and Research Advantage are currently planning network events at both the Ourimbah and Callaghan campus for later in the year, to introduce industry to the EMCR cohort who have participated in the program along with the broader University of Newcastle Research community.
- Coronavirus: it’s tempting to drink your worries away but there are healthier ways to manage stress and keep your drinking in check
- High levels of iron in the lung linked to increased asthma severity
- OPINION: The human cost - psychological impact of the bushfires
- You ripper!… how you open your packets is generating tiny microplastics
- Massacre Map Presentations to Canberra Audiences