ERA Research Evaluation Committees 2015
Nine University of Newcastle researchers have been selected by the Australian Research Council for membership of the 2015 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) Research Evaluation Committees.
ERA evaluates the quality of the research undertaken in Australian universities against national and international benchmarks.
The evaluation committees, of which there are eight, comprise Australian and international researchers. Researchers from the University of Newcastle are members of the following six committees:
Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- Professor Adam McCluskey, School of Environmental and Life Sciences
- Professor John O'Connor, School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
Engineering and Environmental Sciences
- ARC Laureate Professor Scott Sloan, School of Engineering
Education and Human Society
- Professor James Albright, School of Education
- Professor Pam Nilan, School of Humanities and Social Science
Economics and Commerce
- Professor Richard Dunford, Faculty of Business and Law
Biological and Biotechnological Sciences
- Professor Christopher Grof, School of Environmental and Life Sciences
Medical and Health Sciences
- Laureate Professor Paul Foster, School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy
- Professor Peter Howe, School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.