ARC Linkage Project funding success
Professor George Kuczera has been awarded more than $322,000 in ARC Linkage Project funding commencing in 2015 for his research project Optimal scheduling of urban bulk water systems under uncertainty.
Partner Organisation: Sydney Catchment Authority
This project will develop a new optimisation framework for planning and operation of urban bulk water systems that incorporates flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances. Population growth in major Australian cities, coupled with a potentially drying climate, is putting pressure on existing water supply. To avoid the risk of overinvesting and losing future flexibility, water utilities have to develop plans for the future, a task made difficult by uncertainty about future climate and demand. The framework is intended to explicitly deal with uncertainty about future demand and climate change, to ensure that solutions can cope with plausible but unexpected futures. The project will apply this framework to the bulk water supply for Sydney.
Find out more
- Healthy eating options on the table for young Australians
- A message for our University community
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- Call for papers: digital research across the humanities