2015 Hunter Innovation Festival
The Hunter Innovation Festival (14-17 July) is a not-for-profit initiative which aims to inspire a culture of innovation in Australian businesses, industries and communities. The University of Newcastle is a sponsor of the Festival in 2015.
Innovation is essential to sustainability and competitiveness in a changing world. The 2015 Hunter Innovation Festival will challenge business and industry with new ideas and highlight local success stories. It will:
- Highlight global trends in innovation
- Profile key research achievements
- Showcase innovation in the Hunter
- Provide guidance to local enterprises committed to adopting innovation.
As a sponsor of the 2015 Hunter Innovation Festival, the University of Newcastle will be hosting three associated events with the festival.
Three Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition - Wednesday 15 July
Three Minute Thesis is a dynamic and engaging competition where research higher degree students explain their thesis in three minutes.
This is a great event for you to experience first-hand the talent of our research higher degree students and throw your support behind them as they compete for a chance to represent Newcastle at the National Finals.
When: Wednesday 15 July from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Where: Computer and Information Science Building CT202, Callaghan Campus
RSVP: by 7 July at https://ogsrhd.typeform.com/to/vvZbyq
Celebrating 50 Years of Innovation in the Hunter - Wednesday July 15
As part of the 50 year UON celebration and the Hunter Innovation Festival, this event will showcase some of the most significant innovations over the last 50 years from the university and industry in the Hunter Region.
Speakers at this event include:
- Professor Chris Levi - Hunter New England Local Health District/UON
- Laureate Professor Graeme Jameson - UON
- Professor Paul Dastoor - UON
- Michelle McPherson - Chief Financial Officer/Deputy Chief Executive Officer, nib
- Jeff Phillips – Chairman and CEO , Varley Group
- Professor Mark Jones – Director, TUNRA Bulk Solids
- Mike McKiernan - CEO, Deckee
Presentations will be followed by a networking opportunity where drinks and canapés will be served.
When: Wednesday 15 July from 5:00pm to 8:00pm
Where: Newcastle Conservatorium of Newcastle Concert Hall
Free Registration: http://bit.ly/1EdsJBG
Breaking through the Gender Barrier: Women in Innovation - Thursday July 16
This event is designed to engage the women of the Hunter in innovative discussions and provide the opportunity to network and hear from inspirational women who have broken through the barrier.
Melinda Smith, Purser Corporate Communication will host a panel of prominent and innovative women who have led in their area of expertise.
- Swati Dave, Former Executive General Manager, National Australia Bank
- Belinda Smith, Manager of Commercial Business at Hunter TAFE
- Lisa McGuigan, Winemaker, Lisa McGuigan Wines
- Dr Nikola Bowden, Research Fellow, University of Newcastle
The panel session will be followed by a networking opportunity with drinks and canapés to be served.
When: Thursday July 16 from 5:30pm to 8:00pm
Where: Watt Street Arc, 45 Watt Street, Newcastle
Free Registration: http://bit.ly/1FAq611
You can view a full program for the Hunter Innovation Festival and register for events via the Hunter Innovation Festival website.
The Hunter Innovation Festival is an associated event of The Australian Innovation Festival which was established in 2002 as a national event to showcase Australian innovation.
- Angela Gray
- Phone: 4921 6064
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness