Faculty of Science Secures $4.8 million in NHMRC Funding
In the December 2018 round of National Health and Medical Research Council funding, Faculty of Science researchers secured just over $4.8 million dollars in funding.
The projects funded include:
$507,127 - Professor Lee Smith – The importance of classical versus backdoor androgen production pathways in masculisation, fertility and lifelong male health.
$572,394 – Professor Brett Nixon – Targeted disruption of lipoxygenase enzymes to prevent oxidative stress-mediated pathologies in the male germline.
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap