Australia can do better on Asian boat crisis than ‘nope, nope, nope’
Dr Amy Maguire of the Newcastle Law School discusses Australia's response to the Rohingya refugee crisisOfficials from Myanmar, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia, Cambodia, Laos, the US, Vietnam and other countries and international organisations are in Bangkok to discuss a regional crisis involving thousands of people in desperate circumstances after being stranded on boats in the Bay of Bengal, Andaman Sea and Strait of Malacca.
Read the full Conversation article here.
Learn more about Dr Maguire at her Researcher Profile.
- Dr Amy Maguire
- Phone: (02) 4921 5374
- Healthy eating options on the table for young Australians
- A message for our University community
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- Call for papers: digital research across the humanities