UON student bands set to dominate national band competition
University of Newcastle students have demonstrated their musical strength with half of the finalists in the Unisounds National Campus Band Comp representing UON.
A panel of music-industry judges have selected six student bands to appear at the Unisounds '17 final at Sydney's renowned Oxford Arts Factory. Of those six acts, three of them represent the University of Newcastle, which is a tremendous result.
Formerly the National Campus Band Comp, Unisounds called for entries via digital submission from aspiring student musicians across Australia.
All three are now set to compete for a prize package worth over $100,000.
This includes a record deal with Dine Alone Records, song writing sessions with The Kennel Australia artists, recording sessions with ARIA producers, a PR package including merchandise, guitars and backline plus clothing swag from Levi's.
For now, the three contenders will be taken to Sydney for a 2-day mentoring and development program with industry leaders, culminating in the live showcase event at Oxford Art Factory on Wednesday, 11 October where the winner will be crowned. Find out more about the event via Facebook.
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap