Student Elections open for nominations now
Want to meet like-minded people, learn new skills and effect change at UON? Nominate now as a student member of the University Council, the Academic Senate, a Faculty Board or the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) Student Consultative Group.
What’s in it for me? Becoming a member of one of the committees that contribute to the governance, teaching, learning and business of the University will connect you with people with the same interests and concerns as you and teach you invaluable workplace skills such as teamwork, negotiation, leadership and financial management.
You get the benefit of a real world experience and the committee gains insight into student perspectives.
Ready to nominate? Just follow these steps:
STEP 1 - Complete a Nomination Form for the body you’re keen to join:
University Council I Academic Senate I Faculty Boards I SSAF Student Consultative Group
You are able to nominate for multiple positions!
STEP 2 - You can include a short statement (no more than 150 words) outlining why you're keen to participate and what you could bring to the role as well as a passport size photo. These will be distributed to voters in the event of a ballot.
STEP 3 - Submit your completed Nomination Form, photo and statement by 5:00pm on Friday 3 June 2016:
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- delivered to one of the Student Hubs
- post/deliver to: Returning Officer, Council Services and Chancellery, ATC 225, Advanced Technology Centre, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW, 2308.
Not sure yet? Have a look at all the information about the positions available on the Student Elections webpages.
If you have any questions or would like more information contact Zoe Ward, UON's Deputy Returning Officer who coordinates the nominations on +61 2 4913 8777 or email@example.com or check out the Student Elections FAQ.
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness