Student Elections open for nominations now
Want to meet like minded people, learn new skills and effect change at UON? Nominate now to represent your fellow students at the University Council, the Academic Senate, on Faculty Boards or the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) Student Consultative Group.
What's in it for me?
Becoming a member of one of the committees that contribute to the teaching, learning and business of the University will connect you with people with the same interests and concerns as you and teach you invaluable workplace skills such as teamwork, negotiation, leadership and financial management.
You get the benefit of a real world experience and the committee gains insight into student perspectives.
Ready to nominate? Just follow these steps:
1. Complete a Nomination Form for the body you're keen to join:
- Council - Student Nomination Form
- Academic Senate - Student Nomination Form
- Faculty Boards - Student Nomination Form
- SSAF Student Consultative Group - Nomination Form
2. Add a short statement (no more than 150 words) outlining why you're keen to participate and what you could bring to the role.
3. Include a small passport size photo you'd be happy to have distributed to voters in the event of a ballot.
4. Submit your completed Nomination Form, photo and statement by 5pm on Friday, 9 October 2015 via
email; or deliver to one of the Student Hubs, or post/deliver to: Returning Officer, Council Services and Chancellery, ATC 225, Advanced Technology Centre, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW, 2308.
Not sure yet?
Have a look at all the information about the positions available on www.newcastle.edu.au/student-elections. If you have any questions or would like more information contact Zoe Berzins, UON's Deputy Returning Officer who coordinates the nominations.