Know someone who’s building the future now?
Nominations are open for the Industry and Employability Awards. These awards recognise outstanding performance by students, staff and industry partners in enhancing graduate employability.
Developing your skills, knowledge and personal attributes through formal and informal education and work experiences is the key to becoming a career-ready graduate.
The UON Industry and Employability Awards are an opportunity to recognise and reward students who have demonstrated outstanding performance in participation and development of employability skills.
The awards also recognise staff and industry and employer partners who provide a broad range of real world work opportunities for UON students.
Nominations for students are available in the following categories:
- Student employee of the year
- Student entrepreneur of the year
- Work integrated learning student of the year.
Who are the awards open to?
Student Awards are open to currently enrolled UON students who have demonstrated an outstanding achievement or success; or provided an outstanding service to clients; or demonstrated creativity or innovation in their work in UON related employability activities.
Closing date for nominations is Friday 13 October 2017.
The Industry and Employability Awards winners will be announced and presented by the Vice-Chancellor and President, Professor Caroline McMillen from 5.30pm on Wednesday 15 November 2017 at The University Gallery, University of Newcastle, Callaghan
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers