Web project wraps up
The recent launch of the Current Staff web pages marked an important milestone for the University.
After more than two years the transition to a new design, audience-focused structure and web content management system (WCMS) is complete.
Congratulations to the many people across the organisation who share in this remarkable achievement. It's a true testament to the power of collaboration.
Since June 2013, our site has been seen by more than 7.3 million people and the number of visitors using mobile devices has more than doubled – which means our mobile responsive design was both timely and effective. We have gone from 40,000 pages – many of which were out-of-date – to around 7,500 of fresh and relevant content.
Our efforts are being recognised around the globe. Let's continue working together to keep moving forward.
Kudos to you and your web team for launching a site that represents the future of the web: responsive, content-driven, modular and modern.
As the web manager of a small college in Washington state, I'm using your site as an example of the best in the world. Thank you!
Cindy Lawrence, Centralia College, USA
With the project now complete, all web enquiries and feedback should go to the Web Team via the Web Services Portal at web.newcastle.edu.au
- Web Services Team
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers