UON Singapore PVC appointed
The University of Newcastle is pleased to announce the appointment of Professor Sally Chan to the position of Pro Vice-Chancellor for our Singapore campus.
Sally is a global healthcare educator and researcher with more than 25 years’ experience in the university sector. During this time, she has developed international partnerships and has been honoured for her significant contributions to healthcare.
In her role as Dean, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Sally has led significant achievements in the School over the past five years, including increasing the School’s international student numbers.
“We congratulate Sally on her appointment to this key international role,” Vice-Chancellor and President, Professor Alex Zelinsky said.
“Sally brings with her an outstanding track record in building international partnerships that will help create new opportunities for our University in this important region,” Alex said.
A key focus of Professor Chan’s role will be to work with Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Global Engagement and Partnerships, Professor Kevin Hall, to develop a strategy for the University’s presence in Singapore as part of an enhanced global strategy.
Professor Chan’s appointment will initially be for a one year term.
Professor Ally Hutton will be Acting Head of the School of Nursing and Midwifery from 1 March 2019. During 2019 the University will undertake a full external search for a new Head of School.
- NHMRC funding set to address inequity faced by people with mental health conditions
- Heritage home transformation wins coveted architecture award
- Dr. S A Hamed Hosseini publishes The Routledge Handbook of Transformative Global Studies
- The Role of Cooperatives in Sustainable Development in Asia-Pacific Countries
- Cooperatives in Development – People-centred Businesses in Action