UON partners with the Saudi Student Club to farewell completing students
On Sunday 28 October, UON partnered with the Saudi Student Club in hosting a farewell ceremony for completing students. The event was held in the presence of Dr Hesham Khadawardi, Saudi Cultural Attache –designate to Australia.
In his address, Dr Khadawardi spoke about the focus of Saudi Arabia’s 2030 vision and the excellence and capabilities of Australian higher education providers to meet the country’s human capacity needs. He also highlighted the many invaluable personal experiences and cultural insights that Saudi Arabian students gain while studying abroad, including exposure to ‘other cultures, language and belief systems’.
It was a great time for UON staff and students to acknowledge the ongoing collaboration with the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission and to celebrate the successful initiatives that the students have delivered in the university and wider community in 2018.
The event featured a welcome from some successful members of the UON Saudi Alumni network encouraging new graduates to stay connected to the UON global community.
- Healthy eating options on the table for young Australians
- A message for our University community
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- Call for papers: digital research across the humanities