UON partners with the Saudi Student Club to farewell completing students
On Sunday 28 October, UON partnered with the Saudi Student Club in hosting a farewell ceremony for completing students. The event was held in the presence of Dr Hesham Khadawardi, Saudi Cultural Attache –designate to Australia.
In his address, Dr Khadawardi spoke about the focus of Saudi Arabia’s 2030 vision and the excellence and capabilities of Australian higher education providers to meet the country’s human capacity needs. He also highlighted the many invaluable personal experiences and cultural insights that Saudi Arabian students gain while studying abroad, including exposure to ‘other cultures, language and belief systems’.
It was a great time for UON staff and students to acknowledge the ongoing collaboration with the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission and to celebrate the successful initiatives that the students have delivered in the university and wider community in 2018.
The event featured a welcome from some successful members of the UON Saudi Alumni network encouraging new graduates to stay connected to the UON global community.
- University of Newcastle and TAFE NSW join forces for stronger Hunter and Central Coast post-COVID recovery
- Call for Entries: 2020 Karen Thrift Prize for Poetry and Lyrics
- Criminology expert in police accountability comments on George Floyd case
- ‘Felix’ to transform fertility for millions of couples worldwide
- Major funding boost to explore the health impacts of recent bushfires