Travel Policy update
Financial Services has conducted extensive consultation across UON to streamline the Travel Policy and its application to travellers.
The updated Travel Policy is supported by a Travel Manual which details how UON travel works. It is envisaged that the updated documents will make the travel processes easier for travellers and approving officers.
The changes that resulted from this consultation were recently endorsed by the Executive Committee.
The changes are:
- Uber can be used for transport – safety is covered by Uber’s proactive driver selection process;
- 3-12 week booking in advance requirement removed – SkyScanner now recognises this is no longer best practice;
- Weekends can be insured for students, if their only private travel is on weekends between business activities; and
- Streamline approval of urgent travel – Senior Executive Group approval no longer required.
As part of the review and extensive consultation, the following has not changed:
- Peer-to-peer accommodation not accepted (eg Airbnb) – due to health and safety concerns;
- Pre-trip Travel Diary required – to support compliance with UON’s legislative obligations; and
- Travel expenses are expensed in the year in which they are taken not when they are booked – in line with the Accounting Standards.
Please direct all queries to email@example.com.
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers