Retiring IFS Director farewelled
On Wednesday 13 September, retiring Director, Infrastructure and Facilities Services Alan Tracey was farewelled by colleagues from across UON.
Aptly, the send-off took place in the foyer of NeW Space - a building that stands as a lasting testament to Alan’s contribution to infrastructure projects at UON.
Chief Operating Officer, Nat McGregor shared his long list of Alan’s achievements since joining UON in 2014, which included the on time, on budget delivery of the $90 million student accommodation in 2015 and of course NeW Space.
“Alan leaves many legacies,” Nat said.
“The buildings are testament to his outstanding project delivery.
“He also leaves the legacy of his great leadership as he hands over to Brian Jones, who was fortunate to have the opportunity to work with and learn from Alan,” Nat said.
Alan leaves UON to pursue his love of art, having accepted a place at the National Art School in Sydney to study a degree in Fine Arts.
“I hope that in a couple of years I’ll be inviting you all to my first exhibition,” Alan said.
Nat presented Alan with the university’s gift of an original Nicole Chaffey piece.
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness
- Experts challenge WHO recommendations on saturated fats