Preventing Obesity Without Eating like a Rabbit
Workplace POWER (Preventing Obesity Without Eating like a Rabbit) is a proven, multi-award winning program developed by the University of Newcastle’s Priority Research Centre in Physical Activity and Nutrition, teaching men how to adopt a realistic and sustainable approach to weight loss – without having to eat like a rabbit or give up beer.
Workplace POWER is a 12-week, self-directed course tailored to appeal to men, with an introductory information session delivered by internationally regarded Professor Phil Morgan.
The University of Newcastle is offering staff, students and their friends the opportunity to improve their health by undertaking the Workplace POWER program at a substantially discounted rate.
What you will get:
- An initial face-to-face information session teaching the science of long-term weight management - delivered Wednesday 23rd March 2016
- A resource package teaching sustainable weight-loss that uses ‘blokey’ humour to engage men and make the information stick (Weight loss DVD, Workplace POWER Handbook for Blokes, Workplace POWER Log book for Blokes, CalorieKing™ Website User guide, Pedometer and tape measure)
- Weekly SMS messages to keep men on track
To register your interest, please email: workplacePOWER@newcastle.edu.au
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness
- Experts challenge WHO recommendations on saturated fats
- Graduates mark 30 years of excellence on the coast