New travel provider offers women in STEMM travel grant
UON recently appointed Campus Travel as our provider of travel management services. Campus Travel is currently offering a Women in STEM Travel Grant, valued at $6000 and open to applications from female employees from any Australian university, university research affiliate or a PHD student employed by an Australian university that works in, studies or researches in the STEM fields.
Professor Deb Hodgson, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research & Innovation) and Chair of the UON Athena SWAN Self-Assessment Team welcomed the opportunity for UON’s female STEMM researchers.
“We are working hard to address the under-representation of women in STEMM disciplines at UON through the SAGE Athena SWAN pilot and other equity programs,” Deb said.
“I am very pleased to see the broader university working with providers with shared values and priorities,” Deb said.
“This is a great opportunity for our female STEM researchers and I encourage everyone to consider applying.”
Applicants must answer four questions about their STEM project or initiative in 500 words or less. Applications needs to be submitted via the Campus Travel website by Friday 20 October 2017.
For more info about applying visit campustravel.com.au/about/initiatives/stem-travel-grant.
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness