NeW Space Project update
The University held its first community information session on Wednesday 11 June at Newcastle City Hall.
The information session provided an opportunity for the public to talk to our project team and architects about the NeW Space project, and for the University to hear from the community about any issues or concerns.
While there are some concerns around transport and parking, overall the community are very supportive of the project and believe that it will be a catalyst for the revitalisation of the city.
The project team is currently preparing the State Significant Development application for the Department of Planning & Environment (DoP&E). The project is classified as a State Significant Development given the value of the project, the significance to the city and the use being for education purposes. The team expects to submit the application by the end of the month. The DoP&E will place the application on public exhibition prior to making a determination on the application.
We recently awarded the mine rectification works contract to local provider Bulk Flyash Grout after a competitive tender process and works are due to commence in the coming weeks. Expressions of Interest have been called for the main contractor, with companies having until 25 June to register their interest.
Additionally, the site hoardings have been erected on the site and have been covered with the architects' impressions of the building.
Check out the website to keep up to date on the project.
- Dr. S A Hamed Hosseini publishes The Routledge Handbook of Transformative Global Studies
- The Role of Cooperatives in Sustainable Development in Asia-Pacific Countries
- Cooperatives in Development – People-centred Businesses in Action
- Academics Invited to Advisory Board of Food Next Door Co-operative
- Tailored support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander fathers to quit smoking and improve family health