"Higher Education was life saving for me"
For White Ribbon Day 2016, UON's Professor Penny Jane Burke, Director of the Centre of Excellence for Equity in Higher Education features in the Newcastle Herald speaking about the transformative power of education and how her life story inspired her son to make an award-wining film Still Waters.
"PROFESSOR Penny Jane Burke had only recently left the women’s refuge where she had lived with her infant son for a year healing from abuse when one conversation changed her life."
- University of Newcastle and TAFE NSW join forces for stronger Hunter and Central Coast post-COVID recovery
- Call for Entries: 2020 Karen Thrift Prize for Poetry and Lyrics
- Criminology expert in police accountability comments on George Floyd case
- ‘Felix’ to transform fertility for millions of couples worldwide
- Major funding boost to explore the health impacts of recent bushfires