"Higher Education was life saving for me"
For White Ribbon Day 2016, UON's Professor Penny Jane Burke, Director of the Centre of Excellence for Equity in Higher Education features in the Newcastle Herald speaking about the transformative power of education and how her life story inspired her son to make an award-wining film Still Waters.
"PROFESSOR Penny Jane Burke had only recently left the women’s refuge where she had lived with her infant son for a year healing from abuse when one conversation changed her life."
- A message for our University community
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- Call for papers: digital research across the humanities
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success