Get the right deal
Employees of The University of Newcastle have access to novated vehicle leasing with LeasePlan.
Salary packaging a novated lease is a great way to get a new car, saving you plenty. But you have to check to make sure you're not getting any unwanted extras.
Some parts of the novated leasing industry are being drawn in to discussions about worthless* add-on insurance products, with allegations some of these products are being bundled with novated leases.
LeasePlan has never bundled these products with its novated leases.
We pride ourselves on decades of full transparency - no hidden surprises.
The best novated leases will have no hidden charges or sales tricks. You should be able to easily see every detail on your quote before you agree to a lease. At a minimum:
- know the exact applicable interest rate
- makes sure there are no unwanted 'opt-out' insurance add-ons
- know exactly what fees are applied and for what
- get independent financial advice before you make your final decision
- Make a booking for an on-site session with Pauline Rodda when she visits Callaghan Campus (3 August),
- Book a call back at a time that suits you from an expert consultant
- Find more information about LeasePlan novated leases
- Register for LeasePlan Online and start creating and comparing your own quotes
Or you can just call LeasePlan on 132 572.
* The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) is investigating add-on insurance products with concerns over their value and for the commissions paid to those who sell them. A report by the Consumer Action Law Centre (CALC) concluded that most of the products being sold to customers were "rubbish".