Call for mentors
Would you like to guide a student through their tertiary studies?
The Smith Family is currently calling for volunteers to participate in their Tertiary Student Mentoring program.
Mentors will provide vital support and encouragement to help students stay engaged in higher education. This may range from career advice to assisting with subject selections.
If you would like to participate, you can register and find out more information at www.thesmithfamily.com.au/MentorRegistration
Applications close on September 19.
Earlier this month, the University of Newcastle launched a Memorandum of Understanding with The Smith Family to support the Learning for Life Tertiary Scholarship scheme.
The University and The Smith Family will continue to work together to implement other community-based programs into the future.
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness