A seat at the equity table
Professor Penny Jane Burke, Global Innovation Chair of Equity and Director of UON’s Centre for Excellence and Equity in Higher Education (CEEHE) has been invited to sit on the Department of Education and Training’s Equity Research and Innovation Panel. Penny Jane is joined by eleven other panelists from government, higher education, social welfare and research.
Funded through the 2017 National Priorities Pool component of the Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Program (HEPPP), the panel initiative will provide strategic advice to the department on Australian Government-funded research and trials on student equity in higher education.
“It is testament to Penny Jane’s standing in the field of equity in higher education that she has been invited to join this important panel,” Professor Darrell Evans Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) said.
“UON is a recognised leader in equity in higher education and we can have every confidence that the interests of future generations of students will be extremely well-represented in Penny Jane,” Darrell said.
The panel is scheduled to convene in May 2018.
- New funding will see University of Newcastle students study across Indo-Pacific region
- Estimating calorie content not clear-cut for all
- Cloud Immersion Day to unlock innovative use of the technology in the higher education sector
- The principles underpinning three decades of teaching
- Renewables switch wins Clever Campus award