UON Alumni it’s your time to shine
UON is celebrating its golden year and it's your time to shine - don't miss your chance to be recognised, or to honour another graduate with a nomination at our 2015 Alumni Awards.
Since 1975 we've celebrated the outstanding and diverse achievements of alumni across the globe. Last year UON recognised 10 outstanding achievers including Professor Patricia Davidson, a global leader in cardiac health; Glenn Kellow, Chief Operating Officer of world's largest private-sector coal company, Peabody Energy; and young researcher, Dr Alison Thorburn who is traversing new ground in asthma research.
Nominations for the 2015 Alumni Awards are now open and we are calling on you to nominate someone who demonstrates innovation, creativity, exceptional leadership and inspires others through their local, national and international achievements.
Presented annually by UON's Alumni Advisory Committee, the Awards celebrate and showcase the outstanding quality and diversity of UON Alumni across nine categories.
- The Alumni Medal recognises an outstanding record of professional excellence in leadership, knowledge and professional practice.
- The Newton-John Award recognises innovation or creativity in any field that has improved cultural life.
- The Alumni Award for Exceptional Community Service recognises the work of an outstanding alumni member who has made a significant contribution to their community, and has built or enhanced the reputation of the University of Newcastle and its relationship with the community.
- Alumni Awards for regional, national and international leadership recognise outstanding graduates who have made significant contributions as a leader in business, commerce, industry or public service.
- The Indigenous Alumni Award recognises the contributions, outstanding talent and achievements of an Indigenous graduate in their chosen field.
- The Beryl Nashar Young Researcher Award recognises the research achievements of early- and mid-career researchers.
- The Young Alumni Award recognises outstanding achievements and contributions by a graduate aged 35 years or younger at the time of nomination.
Nominations close on Friday 26 June 2015. The nominees will be celebrated at a Gala Event at Callaghan campus's Great Hall on Friday 23 October.
For enquiries, please contact Alumni Project Officer, Lauren McDonald on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lauren McDonald
- Phone: 02 4985 4274