PAINTING THE SONG AND NEWCASTLE MUSIC FESTIVAL
PAINTING THE SONG
WORKS FROM THE SIMS DICKSON COLLECTION
18 JULY – 25 AUGUST 2018
IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE NEWCASTLE MUSIC FESTIVAL (3 – 19 AUGUST 2018)
The University Gallery partners once again with the Newcastle Music Festival, now in its third year, to present a stimulating fusion
of art and music. Painting the Song, an exhibition of contemporary Australian Indigenous paintings from the Sims Dickson Collection, will explore the notion that Aboriginal art is music in two dimensions. Curated by Deborah Sims and Matt Dickson, these striking works will resonate with selected pieces by composer and pianist Colin Spiers.
Please join us on Saturday 4 August from 2pm to celebrate the opening of Painting the Song.
The University Gallery will be raffling an artwork on the day to support this ongoing partnership with the music festival. Please contact the gallery for more information and tickets or visit our website.
- Healthy eating options on the table for young Australians
- A message for our University community
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- Call for papers: digital research across the humanities