Newcastle Music Festival Events a Huge Success
The University Gallery was thrilled to partner once again with the Newcastle Music Festival this year for two incredible nights at the gallery celebrating music and art, with sold out crowds.
This August the Music Festival launched at the University Gallery alongside the launch of the Erasure exhibition on 6 August, with fantastic jazz performances from Jacob Neale and Jarrod Gibson, responding to to the theme of erasure in the works of artists Mazie Turner, Dan Nelson, Annemarie Murland, and Katrina Holden. Check out the fantastic images of the night here. Courtesy of the NMF.
The follow up event Flamenco! was held on 13 August with wonderful performances by Bandaluzia featuring ARIA nominated guitarist Damian Wright. What an incredible night of Spanish music, dance and art! See the images of the night here. Courtesy of the NMF.
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the success of these events, including staff at the Newcastle Music Festival and the University Gallery, the incredible performers and artists, and of course, everyone who attended!
Erasure continues until 23 August at the University Gallery. Find out more on our homepage.
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers
- Free legal clinic to support community’s vulnerable older people