LGBTQIA+ Shaping Futures Scholarship Launched
A new scholarship has been established to support disadvantaged students identifying as LGBTQIA+
Prompted by interest from staff, students and community members, the new scholarship will support disadvantaged students who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and/or queer, plus other diverse sexual orientations and gender identities (LGBTQIA+).
The goal is to raise at least $4,000 annually to support a minimum of one scholarship each year to help students within the LGBTQIA+ community to access higher education.
"Of all the issues LGBTQIA+ people face – around homelessness, family violence, and accessing safe medical services – financial hardship just exacerbates everything else. It’s incredible to see an LGBTQIA+ scholarship," said Max Tran from the NUSA Queer Collective who will be actively supporting fundraising for the scholarships.
Get a copy of our handy guide to scholarships
Contact Leanne Innes on 02 4921 8612 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- New funding will see University of Newcastle students study across Indo-Pacific region
- Estimating calorie content not clear-cut for all
- Cloud Immersion Day to unlock innovative use of the technology in the higher education sector
- The principles underpinning three decades of teaching
- Renewables switch wins Clever Campus award