This International Women’s Day we are proud to shine a light on the outstanding success of some of our female alumni.
Catherine Richards (B Eng (Civil) 2013, B Eng (Environmental) 2013) is an engineering trailblazer in a historically male-dominated industry. She is creating her mark in the world by working towards bridging the gap between science, business and policy making to ensure a sustainable future for humanity.
In recognition of her academic excellence, leadership potential and aspirations to make the world a better place, Catherine was one of only 15 awarded the John Monash Scholarship in 2016. She is currently undertaking a PhD in engineering at the University of Cambridge, focusing on resource sustainability of energy, water and land resources. Catherine has recently been named on Forbes’ prestigious 30 Under 30 Europe list for 2019.
Do you know any amazing and inspiring women who graduated from The University of Newcastle? Recognise their impact and nominate them now for the 2019 Alumni Awards!
- Fellowship to help reconnect stroke survivors with community
- Changes at University of Newcastle’s Port Macquarie campus
- Trial to confirm insulin dose for fat and protein on blood glucose levels in people with diabetes
- University continues to climb QS World University Rankings
- New Phase of Research Investigates Complaints Management in Public Organisations