This International Women’s Day we are proud to shine a light on the outstanding success of some of our female alumni.
Catherine Richards (B Eng (Civil) 2013, B Eng (Environmental) 2013) is an engineering trailblazer in a historically male-dominated industry. She is creating her mark in the world by working towards bridging the gap between science, business and policy making to ensure a sustainable future for humanity.
In recognition of her academic excellence, leadership potential and aspirations to make the world a better place, Catherine was one of only 15 awarded the John Monash Scholarship in 2016. She is currently undertaking a PhD in engineering at the University of Cambridge, focusing on resource sustainability of energy, water and land resources. Catherine has recently been named on Forbes’ prestigious 30 Under 30 Europe list for 2019.
Do you know any amazing and inspiring women who graduated from The University of Newcastle? Recognise their impact and nominate them now for the 2019 Alumni Awards!
- University partners with nib to support students’ health and wellbeing
- More than $10 million to support innovations in health service delivery
- Listen in to National Simultaneous Storytime 2020
- Retail changes happening at Ourimbah
- Researchers map emerging disadvantage in Australia due to COVID-19 job loss