Library family spaces
The University of Newcastle Libraries at Auchmuty and Ourimbah offer a range of spaces to support staff and students who have children. Our Carers and Kids Rooms provide a child-friendly space where you can supervise your children while you study. Parent Rooms are a comfortable, private space for you to change your baby's nappy, heat up milk or breastfeed.
Carers and kids rooms
These rooms are equipped with PCs that can be booked for 2 hours. A small selection of children's books, toys and play activities are provided to help entertain your children while you study.
The Auchmuty carers and kids room is available during Library hours and located in room L325 on level 3 of the Library. Book PCs via Room Bookings.
The Ourimbah carers and kids room is available during Library hours and located in room A2.09 on level 2 of the Library. Book PCs via Room Bookings.
- You must have your children present to use the space and are solely responsible for their safety and actions at all times.
- Children must be supervised and may not be left unattended in the room.
- Please use the disinfectant wipes provided to keep the room clean and leave it in good condition for the next users, including erasing the whiteboard/blackboard and disposing of trash.
- Please remember to take any personal toys, belongings, or food items with you when you vacate the room.
Our Parent Rooms feature everything you'll need to care for your baby, including a comfortable chair, fridge, microwave, and baby change table.
The Auchmuty Parent Room is available during Library hours and located in room L324 on level 3.
The Ourimbah Parent Room is located on level 2 of the OIC in room A2.39.
- Parent Room facilities are only available to staff and students who are caring for an infant while on campus.
- Please use the disinfectant wipes provided to keep the room clean and leave it in good condition for the next users.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.